10.07.2012

"What I Will Never Be Afraid to Tell You" By Bianca Wohleking




Ta...DA! Womp.  I wasn't going to share the photos today because they are not what I had in my head of what the very first fashion post for The You Are Loved Campaign was going to be. So I’m sitting at me desk saying that exact sentence in my head and then I pretty much yelled at myself ( you have permission to picture that image) and said, “ What? What is anything in this life that we have planned. God doesn't work that way. It’s His plan, not ours..”
            I had originally planned on taking these yesterday but my brother had a soccer game about an hour out of town and then my family went out to eat over there, and then we stopped at a few places along the way. By the time we got home my sister and I had planned to watch a movie. So time just went so fast and before you know the day was over... .. Today, I woke up saying today is the day. It is POURING in Virginia, today. Yet, I still wanted to do this , why not? Logic. So I turn on my camera, sort of, it decides not to work for anything. I tried pleads, begging, offering of cupcakes- nothing. So we go home and decide to use my brother’s camera. That one doesn't want to comply as well.  Okay, well, fine. What do we do now? Mind, that it’s drizzling but not really anything to worry about. So, I run upstairs and grab my iPod Touch and turn it on. It’s on 20%. My sister grabs it and begins snapping then.. boom it falls straight to the ground, narrowly escaping a puddle. Haha, What?? Really?? She picks it up and it’s fine and then she realizes the last pictures she had taken are now gone. I laugh and as I laugh it starts to pour. She snaps two then, Sarah says " Uh, it just died." Just as she says this the rain falls down. So these are the only two photos that were taken today. I thought, “Why is everything that could be going wrong, going wrong?”

Yes I was a little disappointed… but then I thought- 
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." 


             I will eventually take better pictures and that will be fine but what is that portraying? That life is perfect? That I do everything correctly the first time? That is the farthest thing from the truth. I can trip on air, I sometimes still need my mom to get my clothes out for events because I don’t even know where to start, and 5 days of the week the most glitzy thing on me is my sparkle nail polish. The rest of me says shirt, shorts, and sneakers. No I lied to you, Now that’s it’s a bit colder it will be hoodie, shorts and sneakers. So, I will never be afraid to tell you of my weaknesses, of the days when everything goes wrong, of the days where I literally just come to my room, turn out the lights, make hot chocolate, and blast Hillsong United to bring me back to the place of grace.  I can’t stand going to fashion websites that just have all this fluff and no realness its like, “You get dressed up everyday? What about the days you just want to go out walking? You cannot wear heels for that. Or when you want to play soccer with your siblings, or roll on the floor with your dog, or get down barefoot before Our Lord and tell Him He is everything? It’s extremely hard to do that dressed up." So that will never be MY everyday. So just remember this first fashion post when you see the others.  The person running this site is just like you. I can't say I will do everything perfectly. Yet, I can promise one perfection. I will hand to you perfect Truth.  A Truth that was passed on throughout the centuries and was taught to me. A Truth that brings light into our dark and confusing world. A Truth that can cut through the hurt and pain in our lives and make us whole again. A Truth that brings us to God. Jesus. That is what this is ALL about. And Jesus is who this site is about.



Remember : But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me” 2 Corinthians 12:9

By the way, Welcome to the fashion series for YAL, “The Modeste Project” A project it is ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment